What is a cookie?
A cookie is a file that is downloaded to your terminal (computer or mobile device) when you access certain websites. Cookies allow a website to do things such as store and recover information about your browsing habits and your terminal. Depending on the information they contain and the way you use your terminal, they can be used to identify you.
What kind of cookies does this website use?
- Technical cookies (necessary): These cookies are important because they allow you to browse our website, give you secure access to areas with personal information, and allow us to identify you when you log in, using security elements while you browse.
- Analytics cookies: These cookies allow us to anonymously analyse the behaviour of different users on our website so that we can constantly improve the browsing experience.
- Advertising cookies: These cookies allow us to manage our advertising spaces efficiently. And since we analyse your browsing habits, we can create a specific profile and show you personalised advertisements relevant to your preferences. By accepting them, you will only see those types of advertisements.
- Personalisation cookies: These cookies allow you to specify or personalise certain features of the general options on the website, such as the language, wallpaper, sections marked as favourites, etc.
Depending on how long they are stored, the cookies on this website may be:
- Session cookies: These are used to store data while you browse a website. The information collected is only stored to provide a specific service you request on a single occasion. They are deleted as soon as you end your session or close your browser.
- Persistent cookies: These remain on your terminal until a specified date.
Cookies can be first or third-party.
- First-party cookies: created and managed by the domain www.bankinter.lu, that you access and from which you request a certain service.
- Third-party cookies: managed by providers of technical, analytical, personalisation or advertising services outside the www.bankinter.lu domain. www.bankinter.lu. Third-party technical cookies allow you to perform actions such as watching videos and sharing content through social media.
The third parties that can manage these cookies while browsing the website are described below. www.bankinter.lu depending on the browsing and with your prior consent for the type of cookies managed:
Our cookies can identify a user session (session cookies) and/or a terminal (persistent cookies) without reading data from your hard drive or cookie files created by other providers.
You can personalise your cookie settings on this website in the Cookie Settings Panel. Cookie Settings Panel
How to disable cookies
Most browsers let you manage your cookie preferences and change your settings to prevent them from being downloaded. Please read your browser’s instructions and manuals for more information:
- Google (behavioural advertising) (requires Google login)
Remember, disabling certain cookies may affect some of the characteristics of the website content www.bankinter.lu because they will only be available if you consent to the installation of cookies on your browser.
Personal data processing
- Legal basis: The legal basis for processing is your consent, which you can manage at any time in the 'Cookie settings' section.
- Recipients of the data:Your data may be disclosed to public administration, authorities and organisations, including courts and tribunals, to fulfil a legal obligation.